Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 5

The next morning, our friends recommended a hike and a drive. By day's end, Jeff and I both agreed that we had just experienced the most visually beautiful day of our entire lives. The pictures don't do the places justice, but believe me, I was walking around with my mouth hanging open.

The hike was a nature walk along a river through the most lush terrain I've ever trod upon.



Huckleberries, anyone?


When we'd had our fill of that kind of beauty, we moved on to beauty of a different sort. We drove on a mountainous road for about an hour when it suddenly opened up to this:


At the very end of the road is a big parking lot with the best vistas ever:


The following pics are not photo-shopped. We really did go sledding in August. :)


That night, we went to one of the nearby lakes.




Jeff and Tobias played Chicken on the paddle board.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

from sledding to swimming.. pretty cool day!